Thursday, October 16, 2008

Movie Night

There are millions of movie theaters in HK, and usually for a first-run movie you expect to pay around $10 US. Tonight, a group of us decided to see the movie "Body of Lies" with Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe. We headed to a different theater than normal, and it was about half the price. I was fully expecting the theater to be well below standard as it was so cheap, but somehow it was infinitely nicer and better than the expensive cinemas. Go figure.

The movies released in HK aren't necessarily the same as those in the States, since the audiences here differ in taste, and they also release Cantonese and other Asian films here we don't get in the U.S. But we do get the big blockbusters, though it's been a very long time since something came out that I had heard of and wanted to see. I really liked Body of Lies. It's a bit intense, being about terrorism, but I like to be thrilled so it worked for me.

As I've said before, sometimes it's nice to do something familiar, like go to a movie.

No comments: