Thursday, October 30, 2008

Oh man

Have you ever had a day that was full of stress, deadlines, and last minute errands, and then just when you thought you'd hit the boiling point, your toenail falls off?

Welcome to my Thursday. I am madly trying to finish up lots of projects before I leave to Beijing this weekend, and it seemed like people kept coming to me to help them, so I was trying to do that while still tying up my own ends. And then, on top of that, I stubbed my big toe on my left foot, which I smashed last week in a fall. The toe had been sore and turning purple, but stubbing it was the last straw I'm afraid. It was bleeding and oozing (gross, I know) and when I took a closer inspection, I realized it wasn't fully attached. I wrapped a band aid around it and popped into my friend's office, who is also a trained nurse. She tapped on my toe (more ooze) and looked at it, then said, "Ya, it's going to fall off." So she put another band aid on it and told me it probably wouldn't fall off for another week or so.

Something to look forward to. Yuck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! I wanna see it. Don't worry another will grow back.

Kyle Burkholder said...

i believe the medical term for oozing is "weeping".

sad toes. :(

and kerrie is right - a new one will grow in its place.

we remember you.