uested my absentee ballot, and received it a few weeks ago. Now, I know many can argue that my one little vote won't swing any election, and I could have easily not done it, but I really wanted to take part in the election. I guess I feel like choosing the U.S. president is something many non-Americans wish they could do, and I actually can take part so I should honor that opportunity and cast my vote. Maybe it's just because I am overseas and I see just how much American politics and movements affect the fabric of the lives of people living across the world, but it's an important election and I am happy to take part. So I darkened in my circles, sealed it in the signed envelope, and dropped it in the mail, off to be counted back in Texas. Just call me Suzy Citizen.
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Suzy Citizen
Like a good American, I wanted to vote in the upcoming November election. I req
uested my absentee ballot, and received it a few weeks ago. Now, I know many can argue that my one little vote won't swing any election, and I could have easily not done it, but I really wanted to take part in the election. I guess I feel like choosing the U.S. president is something many non-Americans wish they could do, and I actually can take part so I should honor that opportunity and cast my vote. Maybe it's just because I am overseas and I see just how much American politics and movements affect the fabric of the lives of people living across the world, but it's an important election and I am happy to take part. So I darkened in my circles, sealed it in the signed envelope, and dropped it in the mail, off to be counted back in Texas. Just call me Suzy Citizen.
uested my absentee ballot, and received it a few weeks ago. Now, I know many can argue that my one little vote won't swing any election, and I could have easily not done it, but I really wanted to take part in the election. I guess I feel like choosing the U.S. president is something many non-Americans wish they could do, and I actually can take part so I should honor that opportunity and cast my vote. Maybe it's just because I am overseas and I see just how much American politics and movements affect the fabric of the lives of people living across the world, but it's an important election and I am happy to take part. So I darkened in my circles, sealed it in the signed envelope, and dropped it in the mail, off to be counted back in Texas. Just call me Suzy Citizen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment